Fwd: [open-coalition] Community Village at Wikimania

Jane Park

Jul 1, 2014, 1:35:11 PM7/1/14
to school-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all - I posted the below at Discourse: http://community.p2pu.org/t/community-village-stall-at-wikimania/766. Please respond there if interested!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Cummings <John.C...@wikimedia.org.uk>
Date: Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 7:31 AM
Subject: [open-coalition] Community Village at Wikimania
To: open-co...@googlegroups.com

Hi All

I'm currently helping to organise Wikimania, the worldwide Wikipedia conference which is being held at the Barbican Centre, London from the 8 -10th of August. As part of Wikimania I'm running the Community Village, a place for Wikimedia Chapters, other organisations working in the open sector and organisations who produce open content to share what they're doing with the 2000 attendees and the public.

Because of limited space and limited time capacity of organisations several organisations will share the hosting of a stall, we will try to accommodate as many groups as possible.

The deadline for registrations of interest is Monday 7th of July, we will then schedule time for each organisation in the programme. To register your interest in having a stall at the Community Village please fill in this form.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1kEGwgrJlkQX8ZQpnKixXZlpbrsaIMCqW0kjYl8UuDZ4/viewform?usp=send_form

More information on the Community Village can be found on the Wikimania webiste including an FAQ

https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_Village

Best wishes

John

--
John Cummings - Wikimedia UK Wikimania team
tweet @mrjohnc

Wikimedia UK is a Charitable Company registered in England and Wales.
Registered Company No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513.
Registered Office: 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street, London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom.
Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a global Wikimedia movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).
Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal control over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.

Telephone (0044) 207 065 0990

Visit http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ and @wikimediauk

--
The Open Coalition is voluntary affiliation of open organisations and individuals, which exists to further the aims and objectives of open practices and knowledge sharing across the Web.
---

Jane Park
Project Manager
Creative Commons