Come make with us!

Karen Fasimpaur

May 19, 2014, 4:51:42 PM5/19/14
to school-...@googlegroups.com

Dear Friends,

As a peson interested in open learning, we thought you'd we thought you'd want to know about this summer opportunity.

Amaze yourself and inspire others! Be part of the second summer learning party focused on making learning connected. Sign ups are now open for Making Learning Connected 2014.

Making Learning Connected (#CLMOOC) is an online collaborative, knowledge-building and sharing experience through Educator Innovator open to anyone interested in making, playing, and learning together about the educational framework known as Connected Learning.

As part of The Summer to Make, Play & Connect, CLMOOC provides educators of all types with an opportunity to play with new tools, make projects and friends, and share reflections with colleagues across the country and around the world.

CLMOOC runs from June 13–August 1, 2014. We will kick off on Friday, June 13. The kick-off will consist of an emailed newsletter that will provide words of welcome, encouragement, and a few places to begin to connect. The remainder of the summer will be organized in weekly make cycles that will allow you to come and go or stay to participate throughout the summer. This open design is intentional and we hope that everyone will feel comfortable customizing the experience to their own needs.

See the FAQs and Calendar for more details.

We are thrilled to have several communities taking the lead during different Make Cycles, including National Writing Project educators from the Kean University Writing Project, Hudson Valley Writing Project, Boise Writing Project, and Northern California Writing Project. We will also be joined by YouMedia colleagues from the “Maker Jawn” team in Philadelphia.

Follow #CLMOOC on Twitter for updates.

Finally, in the lead up to June 13, we encourage you to invite your colleagues and networks to join in the fun. You can do this by sharing information online about this event as well as face to face in the form of community meet-ups, maker parties, hack-jams, etc. We leave the design of your participation up to you!

Questions? Please Contact us.

Thank you for your interest and participation. We look forward to making learning connected with you!

Peace in the making,

The Educator Innovator #CLMOOC Team