survey about open education to help me with workshops

Christina Hendricks

May 19, 2014, 5:25:09 PM5/19/14
to school-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone:

I'm doing a couple of workshops this summer, talking to university faculty about what open education is, how one might engage in it in various ways, why one might (or might not) want to do so, etc. I'll be asking the participants why they think it might be valuable, and what potential concerns they might have about opening up their teaching and learning work, but I'd like to get some broader perspectives as well, adding in some ideas we may not think of ourselves.

So I'd love it if you could take a few moments to fill out an informal, 4-question (open-ended) survey. All that I'll be able to see are dates/times the survey was filled out, so I won't know who said what unless you want to tell me in one of your answers! It's on Google forms.

I'll be collecting answers until the end of May. Please feel free to pass this link on to anyone who might be interested, send it on Twitter, G+, or wherever. Thank you!

Here's the link to a brief blog post on the survey, with the survey embedded: http://blogs.ubc.ca/chendricks/2014/05/14/informal-survey-open-ed/

Christina Hendricks

Sr. Instructor, Philosophy and Arts One
University of British Columbia
Vancouver, BC, Canada
clhend...@gmail.com
http://blogs.ubc.ca/christinahendricks

Jane Park

May 20, 2014, 2:02:08 PM5/20/14
to school-...@googlegroups.com
Great Christina! I've submitted my two cents. Would be great if you eventually make available survey results, perhaps in anonymous aggregate? I'd be interested to learn if any new concerns (aside from the ones I've heard throughout the years, eg. losing control, misrepresentation, etc.) are voiced.

--
http://schoolofopen.org
---

Jane Park
Project Manager
Creative Commons

the School of Open, a collaboration with P2PU: http://schoolofopen.org/

Like what we do? Donate: https://creativecommons.net/donate/

Christina Hendricks

May 20, 2014, 2:08:26 PM5/20/14
to school-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Jane! Yes, I plan to make the results available on my blog, and can send out a link when that’s ready.

Christina

Sujith Reddy

May 20, 2014, 2:15:18 PM5/20/14
to school-...@googlegroups.com
Agree with Jane, I volunteer with few Educational NGOs in India and I'm planning to take the concept of "Openness" into the Schools. The questions in the doc are very general and would be a great help if it's made open :)

Thanks,
Sujith!

Twitter: @SujithReddyM

Get Involved with Mozilla! Give a hi5 to us!