Fwd: Big News! OKFestival Extends Deadline for Session Proposals! New deadline: March 30, 2014. Please read - there's an action for you :)

Jane Park

Mar 14, 2014, 12:26:11 PM3/14/14
to cc-aff...@lists.ibiblio.org, school-...@googlegroups.com
Good news!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Beatrice Martini <beatrice...@okfn.org>
Date: Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 7:27 AM
Subject: Big News! OKFestival Extends Deadline for Session Proposals! New deadline: March 30, 2014. Please read - there's an action for you :)
To: programmeteam...@googlegroups.com, Gabriela Rodriguez <gabe...@gmail.com>, Anahi Ayala Iacucci <anahi...@gmail.com>, Anahi Ayala Iacucci <aay...@internews.org>, Diana Arce <da...@visualosmosis.com>, Kat Braybrooke <kat.bra...@gmail.com>, anu.m...@gmail.com, Duncan Edwards <d.ed...@ids.ac.uk>, Renata Avila <ren...@webfoundation.org>, "je...@jessibaker.com" <je...@jessibaker.com>, Joris Pekel <jpe...@gmail.com>, Jane Park <jane...@creativecommons.org>, Jean Brice TETKA <jbric...@gmail.com>, Rayna St <rayn...@gmail.com>, Zara Rahman <zara....@okfn.org>
Cc: Megan McGrattan <megan.m...@okfn.org>

Hi OKFestival Programme Team!

Huge news: the deadline to submit your OKFestival 2014 session proposals is now extended to March 30!

Action for you:
please keep sharing the word about the OKFestival Call for Proposals on all your channels and networks (social media, mailing lists, everything. E.g. retweet this!). And please invite exceptional people (as diverse as possible, from as many countries of the world as you can) that you think would propose terrific sessions to submit proposals by March 30!

More details FYI:
As you already know, this year’s OKFestival Call for Proposals was due to end on Sunday and our spreadsheets have been filling up with dozens of amazing session ideas. We’ve had lots of questions from people about proposals, answered heaps of Twitter messages asking for hints about the best way to design a workshop, and hosted live hangouts to talk about how folks can collaborate with each other. We've even created a special mailing list so that people can get in touch easily with one another to collaborate on proposals.
So, excited by the crowd's enthusiasm and fuelled by their contagious energy, we have decided to extend the deadline for this year’s proposals. New deadline: March 30. And this time we’re serious!

THANK YOU!

Best,

OKFestival 2014 Team

--