Trouble getting Azure into Scalr community version

Charlie Baum

Feb 15, 2017, 12:31:12 PM2/15/17
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
Back again...trying to get our Azure hooked into Scalr.  Couple questions...

Does scalr have to be public facing, or can it be on a private network?  I ask because setting up the Scalr app in Azure it needs a reply URL.  Does that have to be public facing or will the tokes be passed back via natting?

I have gone through the doc and tried to add Azure credentials but Scalr fails when I input tenant name.  We have multiple domains here and I've tried them all...getting the same error:

Cannot establish connection to Azure server. http\Client::send(): Timeout was reached; Connection timed out after 3001 milliseconds (https://login.windows.net/comcastcorp.onmicrosoft.com/.well-known/openid-configuration?api-version=1.0)

Not really sure where to look next to move forward.  Any suggestions?  I believe my Azure app is configured correctly.

I can't even get to the point where it asks for Azure kets...it checks tenant and then bombs out.  Seems backwards to me.

Charlie Baum

Feb 15, 2017, 5:57:05 PM2/15/17
to scalr-discuss
Solved this one myself.  Your Scalr server has to be publicly accessible for this to work for Azure (and I'd imagine AWS).  You can't rely on a NAT'd communication.  Doesn't work.  I hosted an instance in Azure and it's rolling now.  Azure stuff in Scalr is very limited, but at least I got it going.