Windows Operating system missing from Role Builder

Cullen Philippson

Mar 6, 2015, 2:15:15 PM3/6/15
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am new to scalr and am trying to create a Windows2012r2 base role.  I have tried the Scalr provided roles with some trouble.  So I am attempting to create a role.  In the Role builder there seems to be no Windows selection for Operating system.  Is this something I've overlooked or is it not available in the current version.

Thank you

Thomas Orozco

Mar 6, 2015, 2:18:54 PM3/6/15
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
Hello there,

This is isn't available because the Scalr Role Builder has no way of reliably logging in to Windows instances to install the necessary software (the Scalarizr agent).

You can, however, manually create a Windows Role with the instructions here: https://scalr-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/x/1w8b

Out of curiosity, what didn't work with the Scalr-provided Roles that made you reach the conclusion that the issue was with the role?

Cheers,

-- Thomas | Product Manager @ Scalr | tho...@scalr.com | www.scalr.com | blog.scalr.com