Google Chrome / Chromium removed NPAPI plugin support, can't launch SSH console sessions from Scalr

Ben West

Nov 25, 2015, 1:57:26 PM11/25/15
to scalr-discuss
On Chromium v45.0.2454.101 running under Ubuntu v14.04, I see this message when attempt to open an SSH console to a server in Scalr v5.8.29 (Open Source Edition):
"Chrome 42 (and greater) users need to enable NPAPI Plugins for the SSH Launcher to function. More information"

However, it looks like the Chrome/Chromium group has removed plugin NPAPI support entirely, i.e. can no longer enable manually:
https://codereview.chromium.org/1158423003/#ps1
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6213033

This looks like the SSH console feature is now fully unavailable in versions of Chrome from September 2015 going forward.

Michael Lochead

Dec 1, 2015, 9:18:44 PM12/1/15
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ben,

Yes, due to some changes on the Google Chrome side, this has become very difficult to maintain. Longer-term we are looking at HTML5 options to provide better support for this feature across browsers.

If it's confusing/annoying/etc to have it there, you can disable this feature.

 Just merge the following setting:

app[:configuration] = {
  :scalr => {
    :ui => {