Wait for Agent HostInit phase to complete.

praveen gogula

Jan 3, 2017, 12:33:06 PM1/3/17
to scalr-discuss
Hello Team,

I'm trying to create a GCP instance from the scalr dashboard, But while initialization, i'm getting this below error.

"Wait for Agent HostInit phase to complete
Unable to deliver outbound HostInit message. Please check connectivity between Scalr and Scalarizr (instance) "

During this initialization process, the instance is getting created in the GCP dashboard. But In the Scalr Dashboard it showing the status as "initializing". when I click on that it showing me the above error with failed status.

After some time, the instance which is created in the GCP dashboard is automatically gets terminated and creating a new instance automatically.

Any ideas or suggestions on what might be causing this would be appreciated.

please do find below screenshots.

Marc O'Brien

Jan 3, 2017, 4:23:02 PM1/3/17
to scalr-discuss
Hi Praveen,

This indicates networking issues between the Scalr server and managed instances.  First step is to ensure that you have followed the Required Networking documentation and all required ports are open.  If you have done so, the next step will be to gather the following agent logs from one of these instances before Scalr terminates the instance as failed.  We should be able to find more information there.  Relevant logs are as follows:

/var/log/scalarizr.log
/var/log/scalarizr_debug.log
/var/log/scalarizr_update.log

Many thanks,
Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support

praveen gogula

Jan 20, 2017, 5:39:04 AM1/20/17
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Marc O'Brien,

Sorry for the late response, Actually I'm on a vacation, I haven't seen your reply.
I tried in opening up all the ports 0-65535 (TCP,UDP) by logging into the GCP instance and the issue got resolved. Thanks a lot for your suuport.

Regards,
Praveen Kumar Gogula

Marc O'Brien

Jan 20, 2017, 1:47:36 PM1/20/17
to scalr-discuss
Hi Praveen,

Very glad to hear this has been resolved.  Let us know if you run in to anything else in the future.

Cheers,

Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support

praveen gogula

Jan 23, 2017, 4:47:16 AM1/23/17
to scalr-discuss
Sure Marc O'Brien, Thanks for your help.

--
Regards,
Praveen Kumar Gogula,