scalr removes unmanaged EC2 instance from the managed ELB

khuong...@zinio.com

May 17, 2017, 11:46:41 AM5/17/17
to scalr-discuss

Hi Folks,

We have been using scalr to manage our infra in AWS for long time.
We have a staging env which has an ELB and 2 varnish EC2 instances.
We build a two new varnish EC2 instances using ASG but not managed by scalr.

We encountered the problem is Scalr automatically remove the 2 new EC instances from the ELB.

My question is how does we avoid this ?

I would appreciate very much if you can help us on this matter.

Thanks,
Khuong

Marc O'Brien

May 17, 2017, 4:19:31 PM5/17/17
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Khuong,

Thank you for the inquiry.  This is expected behavior.  The best method for you to mitigate this would be to not configure the ELB in Scalr.  If the ELB is configured in Scalr, then Scalr will manage instance registration and deregistration automatically.  If you chose not to configure your ELB in Scalr, then you will be able to (and must) manually manage all registration and deregistration of instances.  By the way, welcome to the Scalr Open Source community!  We're glad to hear you have been using Scalr for quite some time and are excited to have you join us.

Many thanks,
Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support