AZURE into Scalr

Arun Manoharan

Aug 2, 2016, 9:24:28 AM8/2/16
to scalr-discuss, Mr. Arun Manoharan
How to launch an image using scalr for Azure.

Marc O'Brien

Aug 2, 2016, 11:54:50 AM8/2/16
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com, arun.ma...@cognizant.com
Hi Arun,

You will need to sync our Shared Roles to gain access to our pre-configured Azure images and roles.  Alternatively, you may manually add Azure images using the Cloud Image ID.  F
or example, CentOS 7.1: OpenLogic/CentOS/7.1/latest or Windows Server 2012R2: MicrosoftWindowsServer/WindowsServer/2012-R2-Datacenter/latest .

Cheers,
Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support

Hass-SEA

Aug 2, 2016, 8:56:13 PM8/2/16
to scalr-discuss, arun.ma...@cognizant.com
As Marc mention you can use the Cloud Image ID and in Azure this means Image URN

Image URN Format = PublisherName/Offer/SKUs/verison

Marc O'Brien

Aug 3, 2016, 4:15:03 PM8/3/16
to scalr-discuss, arun.ma...@cognizant.com
From External Email:

Hi O'Brien,

We followed the steps for syncing our shared roles, however getting below error while running the script

root@ip-172-16-4-10:~# /opt/scalr-server/embedded/bin/php /opt/scalr-server/embedded/scalr/app/tools/sync_shared_roles.php
Unable to import shared roles: Unrecognized setup: update denied. Please use this form http://hub.am/1fDAc2B to be whitelisted.root@ip-172-16-4-10:~#

please advice.

Regards,
Arun Manoharan.

Marc O'Brien

Aug 3, 2016, 4:16:08 PM8/3/16
to scalr-discuss, arun.ma...@cognizant.com
Hi Arun,

In some cases the automatic white listing system may not process the request as expected.  Could you provide your installation ID here so that we may verify that the request was processed?

Many thanks,

Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support

Marc O'Brien

Aug 4, 2016, 11:54:14 AM8/4/16
to scalr-discuss, arun.ma...@cognizant.com
From External Email:

HI,

Kindly let us know where/how to find installation ID.

Regards,
Arun Manoharan.

Marc O'Brien

Aug 4, 2016, 11:56:16 AM8/4/16
to scalr-discuss, arun.ma...@cognizant.com
Hi Arun,

As described in our Sync Shared Roles documentation, the Scalr installation ID is available in the secrets file: /etc/scalr-server/scalr-server-secrets.json, under app.id.  This is the ID you would have used when requesting whitelisting.

Many thanks,
Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support

Marc O'Brien

Aug 4, 2016, 1:50:08 PM8/4/16
to scalr-discuss, arun.ma...@cognizant.com
Hi Arun,

Your Scalr install ID has been whitelisted on our end.  You should be able to complete the shared role sync now.

Cheers,

Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support

Marc O'Brien

Aug 4, 2016, 2:03:51 PM8/4/16
to scalr-discuss, arun.ma...@cognizant.com
From External Email:

Hi Brien,

Now am able to see images for Centos, Ubuntu & Windows.

Can you able to push the image for Redhat also.

Regards,
Arun Manoharan.

Marc O'Brien

Aug 4, 2016, 2:10:27 PM8/4/16
to scalr-discuss, arun.ma...@cognizant.com
Hi Arun,

Glad to hear that your shared role sync was successful after whitelist.  If you need access to additional images, you will need to manually register these images in Scalr using the Cloud Image ID or Image URN form the marketplace.  Please keep in mind that RedHat Linux may require additional RHEL subscription.  Review RHEL's Azure documentation for more info.

Typically Image URN Format = PublisherName/Offer/SKUs/verison

Many thanks,
Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support

Arun Manoharan