GCE Static IP assignment

Ramael Metatron

Dec 14, 2015, 4:40:31 PM12/14/15
to scalr-discuss
Testing out Scalr with Google Cloud Engine.
I notice there is listed support for static IPs in Scalr, however, I am not finding this possible to assign an available static IP during farm or server launch.

Is the static IP support strictly a listing function?

I am currently changing the IP to static from within the Google Cloud Console.

risk...@gmail.com

Dec 15, 2015, 7:16:39 PM12/15/15
to scalr-discuss
Static private IP for VPC was scheduled to be release for EE of scalr in Q4 but so far
no confirmation if it got deployed.

Igor Savchenko

Dec 15, 2015, 7:19:29 PM12/15/15
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
@Ramael Metatron: GCE Static IP addresses are not yet supported due to
low customer demand. This feature is in the backlog.

@risk...@gmail.com: Ramael asking for GCE Static IP (what is the same
as Elastic IP on AWS). Regarding static private IPs on EC2, it's
already in Scalr Enterprise Edition and will be added to Scalr CE with
the next release later this month.

Regards,
Igor

Raj Verma

Dec 15, 2015, 7:24:15 PM12/15/15
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
Great new - thanks for the update.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "scalr-discuss" group.

risk...@gmail.com

May 5, 2016, 9:48:39 PM5/5/16
to scalr-discuss
Google recently released the ability to assign a static IP address when an instance is created:

https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/instances-and-network#specify_an_internal_ip_address_at_instance_creation

Any chance if Scalr will support this when defining the network of a farm?