ERROR: Unable to write ID file

Akshay Sharma

Mar 20, 2015, 5:41:24 AM3/20/15
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
I have installed Scalr 5.1.0 on Ubuntu 12.04 Virtualbox. I am getting this error while hitting the login page for first time.

ERROR: Unable to write ID file (/opt/scalr-server/embedded/scalr/app/src/../etc/id).

What could be the issue? Please help.

Akshay Sharma

Mar 20, 2015, 5:41:24 AM3/20/15
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
I have installed Scalr 5.1.0 on Ubuntu 12.04 on VirtualBox. I am getting this error while trying to login for first time.

Thomas Orozco

Mar 20, 2015, 5:44:27 AM3/20/15
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Can you please let me now:
- How you installed Scalr exactly (what steps you followed), and whether any errors occurred when you did
- The output of `ls -la /opt/scalr-server/etc/scalr`
- The output of `ls -la /opt/scalr-server/embedded/scalr/app/`

Thanks!

-- Thomas | Product Manager @ Scalr | tho...@scalr.com | www.scalr.com | blog.scalr.com

Daniele Testa

Mar 20, 2015, 5:48:04 AM3/20/15
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com

Where do you see this error? Is it displayed on the page when you try to login or do you see it in some log file?

Did you install Scalr using the package installer?

Regards,
Daniele