Problem creating role from cloudstack (non-scalr)

Bill Bartlett

Mar 10, 2014, 2:53:27 PM3/10/14
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm trying to create a role from a running instance on my cloudplatform installation.  When I execute the suggested scalarizr parameters, I'm presented with an error:

[root@bbartlett-test ~]# scalarizr --import -y -o server-id=xxxxx -o role-name=centos-63-base -o crypto-key=xxxxx -o platform=cloudstack -o queryenv-url=https://my.scalr.com/query-env -o messaging-p2p.producer-url=https://my.scalr.com/messaging -o env-id=xxxx -o region=xxxx -o scalr-id=xxxxx
2014-03-10 11:40:27,259 - INFO - scalarizr.app - [pid: 3239] Starting scalarizr 2.5.11
Starting import process...
Don't terminate Scalarizr until Scalr will create the new role
2014-03-10 11:40:27,260 - INFO - scalarizr.config - State: importing
2014-03-10 11:40:27,275 - ERROR - scalarizr.app - No module named cloudstack

[root@bbartlett-test ~]# scalarizr --version
Scalarizr 2.5.11

Is there something obvious I'm missing?

Thanks,
Bill

Bill Bartlett

Mar 10, 2014, 3:44:02 PM3/10/14
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
There was indeed something very obvious that I was missing.  When I installed scalarizr, I followed the instructions from the git repo, which suggests the following:

2) Add Scalr repo:

        vim /etc/yum.repos.d/scalr.repo
        [scalarizr]
        name=scalarizr
        baseurl=<url>
        enabled=1
        gpgcheck=0

Where <url> is

        For RHEL/CentOS:

        For Fedora:

3) Install Scalarizr

        yum install scalarizr

What the INSTALL fails to mention is that there are several other packages for the various cloud options:

============================================== N/S Matched: scalarizr ===============================================
scalarizr-base.noarch : Scalarizr converts any server to Scalr-manageable node
scalarizr-cloudstack.noarch : Scalarizr CloudStack (cloud.com) edition
scalarizr-devtools.noarch : A scalarizr devtools manager
scalarizr-ec2.noarch : Scalarizr EC2 edition
scalarizr-eucalyptus.noarch : Scalarizr Eucalyptus edition
scalarizr-gce.noarch : Scalarizr Google Compute Engine edition
scalarizr-idcf.noarch : Scalarizr IDCF edition
scalarizr-nimbula.noarch : Scalarizr Nimbula edition
scalarizr-openstack.noarch : Scalarizr OpenStack edition
scalarizr-rackspace.noarch : Scalarizr Rackspace edition
scalarizr-ucloud.noarch : Scalarizr uCloud (Korea Telecom) edition

All I needed to do was to install the scalarizr-cloudstack package and the process looks to have started correctly.  I'll update the thread if there are any further errors.

Thanks,
Bill

Thomas Orozco

Mar 11, 2014, 4:31:50 AM3/11/14