Newly created Role is not available to add with FARM

Amit Saini

Sep 21, 2016, 12:10:23 PM9/21/16
to scalr-discuss

Hi

I am trying to add my Newly created base Role (Refer Image1) with FARM But Role is not available in drop down List (Shows in Image 2) and I have try to add the my base Role from ROLES TAB (Refer Image 3,4,5) but no Role available

Please Help!!!

Regards

Amit

Image1.jpg
Image2.jpg
Image3.jpg
Image4.jpg
Image5.jpg

Marc O'Brien

Sep 21, 2016, 12:23:51 PM9/21/16
to scalr-discuss
Hi Amit,

Another user encountered similar behavior in this discussion thread.  Can you verify that ubuntu-16-04:Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial exists within your Scalr scope > Operating Systems list?  This entry from my test environment is shown in the attached screenshot.

Many thanks,
Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support

Amit Saini

Sep 21, 2016, 12:36:00 PM9/21/16
to scalr-discuss
Hi Marc,

Verified...ubuntu-16-04:Ubuntu 16.04 is not available in my operating system and try to add the same using NewOS but here is 16.04 version not available

Please let me know next step to fix this issue

Regards
Amit Saini
OS-Image.jpg

Marc O'Brien

Sep 21, 2016, 12:50:43 PM9/21/16
to scalr-discuss
Hi Amit,

Role Builder and Shared Roles support for Ubuntu 16.04 was added in Scalr 6.0.  As described in the previous discussion link, you may be able to work around this limitation on 5.11.22 by creating a new operating system using a Custom Generation of 16.04 or a previous Ubuntu generation.  Ensure that your new OS matches the format of previous Ubuntu versions.

Cheers,

Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support