MySQL Master Password

Dale-Kurt Murray

Feb 15, 2012, 7:11:03 PM2/15/12
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com

Where is the Master/root password for MySQL located? As it is not located in the same place in the web interface on a self-hosted Scalr as it is on a hosted.

Nick Toursky

Feb 15, 2012, 9:11:26 PM2/15/12
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dale-Kurt,

No MySQL user/password (except one required for Scalr to work properly) created by Scalr on MySQL servers. You should do that yourself, either through PHPMyAdmin or using command line MySQL client.

Regards,
Nick

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 02:11, Dale-Kurt Murray <dalekur...@gmail.com> wrote:

Where is the Master/root password for MySQL located? As it is not located in the same place in the web interface on a self-hosted Scalr as it is on a hosted.

Dale-Kurt Murray

Feb 15, 2012, 10:34:57 PM2/15/12
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
Prior to 2.5 I noticed that password was generated for the root user when I looked at the database table for farm_role_settings

Nick Toursky

Feb 15, 2012, 10:48:34 PM2/15/12
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
I believe there was no 'root' user there, as it is not managed by Scalr.