Refreshing a VPC - Unexpected behavior

Jay Farschman

Nov 10, 2015, 12:44:02 PM11/10/15
to scalr-discuss
Thought I'd report this here as I'm very unsure where one might report bugs.

SUMMARY
Once a VPC configured inside an Environment it will not refresh or reload easily.

DETAIL
In 5.8.29 I created an Environment and them a Farm that I set to use a VPC.  I then noticed that my both subnets in my VPC were marked at "private" which is was a mistake on my part.  I went back into AWS and changed the subnet so that it had a default (0.0.0.0/0) route to a gateway, but on returning to the Farm my VPC was still marked as "private".

I tried creating another Farm with the same results.  The VPC was still cached as "private"

WORKAROUND
What did was was to create a new Environment and a new Farm in that Environment.  This appears to trigger a refresh of the VPC data and the AWS changes were now visible.  I'm curious is there is a better way to refresh settings.

Jay Farschman

Nov 16, 2015, 12:50:33 PM11/16/15
to scalr-discuss
ANOTHER WORKAROUND
It seems that deselecting the "LAUNCH THIS FARM INSIDE AN AMAZON VPC", saving and then re-enabling it doe the trick as well.

mic...@scalr.com

Nov 23, 2015, 3:30:25 PM11/23/15
to scalr-discuss
Thanks Jay, and yes, just confirming this is a current limitation, as a result of complexities of making this change, so the design idea at this point is that it's not changed once Farm is launched, so workaround you noted is logical way to approach this currently.

Thanks,
Michael