opentstack/cinder/volume snapshots for mysql role

Mykhaylo Dobrovolskyy

Feb 11, 2014, 5:46:25 PM2/11/14
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
Good afternoon Guys,

I have one question regarding cinder/snapshots for openstack.

I'm facing one issue with cider in openstack and after some days of investigation and checking support matrix, I'm wondering if there is way to disable snapshots of the volume for the OpenStack agents? As you can see in the cinder support matrix, only few "FS" supporting snapshots and not all of the are supporting hot snapshot, the same situation is with hypervisors. (at least for now) there is a big chance that system will not be able to do a snapshot and mysql role wont work at all.

Also, question regarding web interface: is volume snapshots some how related to data bunder config part from web interface? (looks like when I have disable that - agent still trying to make snapshots)