Step Require to setup Gthub webhook in scalr

Amit Saini

Nov 30, 2016, 3:15:59 PM11/30/16
to scalr-discuss

Hi Team,

I am working on the continuous integration with Scalr

We are using Github as version controller. we have to setup Gthub webhook in scalr

if any new check-in come in testing branch of github scalr got to the notification and deploy the new check-in code in Testing Server automatically

Could you please share me steps

Thanks

Amit Saini

Marc O'Brien

Nov 30, 2016, 3:25:49 PM11/30/16
to scalr-discuss
Hi Amit,

We do not have prescriptive instructions for this, but we do have an example for CI/CD using Jenkins in our wiki here.  I hope this helps you get started.

Many thanks,
Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support

Amit Saini

Dec 1, 2016, 5:12:25 PM12/1/16
to scalr-discuss

Hi Marc,

Thanks Marc, Yes I saw the suggested document  :)

 Is there any way to send the notification to scalr by which scalr got to know that new Check-in or branch merging done in Github and based on the notification scalr automatically trigger the deployment script on select Farms and  Role to update the code in running instance

Regards
Amit Saini

Marc O'Brien

Dec 2, 2016, 12:13:56 PM12/2/16
to scalr-discuss
Hi Amit,

One possible solution for this is the  Scalr API call for script execution which could be made from an external source and used to trigger such a workflow.  However, this API endpoint was introduced in version 6.1.0 and is not currently available in Open Source Scalr.

Many thanks,
Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support