Associate security group to farm role using APIv2

Vinod Pattel

Aug 18, 2016, 6:32:50 AM8/18/16
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have manually created few security groups & AWS ELBs.
I use APIv2 to create Farm & Farm roles.
In farm role object definition, i don't see an entity for specifying security groups (probably their IDs) or the ELB names (probably under placement configuration).
Is there a way i can associate existing security groups and AWS ELBs to a farm role by specifying their IDs or names ??

Thanks,
Vinod

Vitaliy Demidov

Aug 18, 2016, 7:21:07 AM8/18/16
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
This feature have not been implemented yet.

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 1:32 PM, Vinod Pattel <vinod...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I have the IDs of few security groups that i created.

I use APIv2 to create Farm & Farm roles.
In farm role object definition, i don't see an entity for security groups.
Similar to giving VPC IDs, is there a way i can associate existing security groups to a farm role by specifying their IDs ??

Thanks,
Vinod

Vinod Pattel

Aug 29, 2016, 1:56:09 AM8/29/16
to scalr-discuss
Hi Vitaliy,

Thanks for your response.
Any pointers/work around on how this can be achieved ??
I can directly call AWS API to create security groups. But, not able to associate them to Scalr farm roles.

Vitaliy Demidov

Aug 29, 2016, 3:51:45 AM8/29/16
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vinod,

You could use Security Group Policy to specify a set of Security Groups that will be added to all the instances that are in your Environment. https://scalr-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/display/docs/Security+Groups+Policy

Vitaliy