Cannot add ubuntu1604-hvm role to farm

Jett

Jul 12, 2016, 9:15:54 AM7/12/16
to scalr-discuss
Hopefully this is quick one.  I just synced the shared roles this morning and noticed there are now some ubuntu1604-hvm roles in the list.  I wanted to add them to my test farm so I can check it out, but when I try to add the role to my test farm, it gives me an error saying "No roles were found to match your search."   In the left column, I can see that its showing a ROLE ID: 82948.

Am I missing something here?  Do I need to restart things after syncing the shared roles to be able to add them to a farm?

Marc O'Brien

Jul 12, 2016, 12:00:12 PM7/12/16
to scalr-discuss
Hi Jett,

I was not able to reproduce this behavior.  Attached is a screenshot showing my experienced behavior with successful Farm Role addition.  Could you attach a screenshot of what you are seeing including any error messages?

Many thanks,
Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support

Marc O'Brien

Jul 12, 2016, 12:03:36 PM7/12/16
to scalr-discuss
Hi Jett,

Could you also verify the version of Scalr that you are running?

Many thanks,
Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support

Jett

Jul 12, 2016, 12:31:06 PM7/12/16
to scalr-discuss
Hi Marc,

Here's a screenshot.  Using version:

ii  scalr-server                     5.11.22.oss~nightly.20160629003350.21.3fb5fbe.014cd7c-1 amd64        Full stack Scalr Server

Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Jett

Jul 13, 2016, 10:39:50 AM7/13/16
to scalr-discuss
As a follow-up here.  I just set up a brand new scalr-server on an Ubuntu 14.04 instance and I'm having the same problem.  If I try to go through the Add Farm Role option in the Farm, I can only select Ubuntu 12.04 or Ubuntu 14.04 as the operating system.  If I go into Roles, I can see the base-ubuntu1604-hvm role, but I cannot add it to the farm.

Any ideas?

Marc O'Brien

Jul 13, 2016, 11:19:03 AM7/13/16
to scalr-discuss
Hi Jett,

Could you provide a screenshot of your OS page form the Scalr scope admin page?

Many thanks,
Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support

Jett

Jul 13, 2016, 11:37:33 AM7/13/16
to scalr-discuss
Hi Marc,

Here's the screenshot - I don't see Ubuntu 16.04 in the list...

Dave
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Jett

Jul 13, 2016, 11:51:49 AM7/13/16
to scalr-discuss
Hi Marc,

As a test, I went ahead an created a New OS using the previous Ubuntu versions as a test, and it appears to have fixed the problem, I can now add the 16.04 roles to a farm.

Is there not a way that these would be synced or at least updated when the packages get upgraded?  I didn't see any mention in the docs about adding New OS's to the list.

Joel Griffiths

Mar 30, 2017, 5:49:49 PM3/30/17
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
I hate to necro this, but there is definitely something wrong here. I'm getting the same error when I try to 'Add to Farm' from the Role.

I did notice a couple things though. The Ubuntu logo isn't showing up in the roles which seems strange..

I finally gave up and decided to import another Ubuntu from AWS, but I can't get 16.04 Ubuntu option:

Finally, when I try to add the role from the Farm section, the 1604 Roles don't even show up on the lists:

At this point, I'm completely stuck.

Here is the version info:
5.11.22 (Community Edition)
3fb5fbe (Fri, 24 Jun 2016 13:44:50 +0300)
3fb5fbe4372a6c5ab75bd9c42f75a169f864c4d4

Marc O'Brien

Apr 7, 2017, 3:16:34 PM4/7/17
to scalr-discuss
Hi Joel,

Have you had a chance to test manually creating this OS version as outlined previously in this post, as well as this recent post?  This should resolve this behavior for you.

Many thanks,
Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support

Joel Griffiths

Apr 13, 2017, 11:08:14 AM4/13/17
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
Not yet. I've been dealing with other things but will be back on Scalr in about a week.