{API/Development} - Question about FarmRole APIs

karl.qu...@ticketfly.com

Sep 23, 2015, 8:26:44 PM9/23/15
to scalr-discuss
Hey there.

According to the FarmUpdateRole endpoint, i *can* update the chef configuration of a farm.

My question is how can i read the farm role configuration?

The Farm Get Details does return an array of farm roles, but they're lacking chef config options.

Basically,

What API(s) exist so that i can get

chef.bootstrap
chef.server_id
chef.environment
chef.role_name
chef.runlist
chef.attributes

from the scalr server for a given farm role id?

Thanks for your time.

mic...@scalr.com

Sep 24, 2015, 3:25:07 PM9/24/15
to scalr-discuss
Hi Karl, I don't know for sure, and we'll try and get confirmation, but just was curious if you tried using API v2 ?

mic...@scalr.com

Sep 24, 2015, 3:33:32 PM9/24/15
to scalr-discuss
Hi Karl,

Sorry to confirm - API v2 not available yet for open source version of Scalr. Chef details are not available through API v1. They are not available in API v2 currently either, but we will be adding this.

Thanks,
Michael

Karl Quinsland

Sep 24, 2015, 4:06:25 PM9/24/15
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com

All right. Thanks.

Do you have a timeline for availability?  Around the same time frame as the AWS/API bug fix or later?

-K