Cost Analytics Azure - Bandwith + Storage cost

Matthieu Serrepuy

Feb 2, 2017, 11:14:19 AM2/2/17
to scalr-discuss
Hi !

I may have misconfigured something but I am only seeing compute costs for Azure.
How can I have the bandwith + storage costs in the Cost Anlytics tab ?

Thanks,

Matt

Marc O'Brien

Feb 2, 2017, 2:03:22 PM2/2/17
to scalr-discuss
Hi Matthieu,

This is actually expected behavior.  Due to Azure Billing API limitations, we are currently unable to present these billing details for Azure.  Having said that, stay tuned as we do expect to close this gap in Enterprise Scalr once the billing API limitation blockers are overcome.  Let us know if you have any further questions around this and we will do our best to lend a hand.

Many thanks,
Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support

Hass-SEA

Feb 2, 2017, 10:06:09 PM2/2/17
to scalr-discuss
Matt, we dedicate Storage Accounts to given teams/environments we then add the Scalr Cost Center TAG on the Storage Account. We do a final bill using the Azure Excel Export, this then covers all items TAG'ed by Scalr and the Storage Account Manually TAG'ed.

The Scalr Cost Analytics gives users a very good understand of what their bill will end of being say 90%.

One thing to note is that when you delete a VM it doesn't delete the VHD. This is the same in Scalr or direct in Azure, so unless you do a clean up on a regular basis the Storage Account Costs will go up for no obvious reason. A simple PowerShell script will clean these orphaned VHD's up

Marc O'Brien

Feb 3, 2017, 12:56:08 PM2/3/17
to scalr-discuss
Thank you for the details Hass.  This is great info for the community and we appreciate your input.

Cheers,

Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support