Openstack Keystone v3 support

Carl Brumm

Oct 16, 2015, 7:06:36 PM10/16/15
to scalr-discuss
Simple question. Does Scalr support the keystone v3 api of openstack? I've gotten it to work with an older v2.0 api installation, but against a newer v3 api I can't get it to accept my cloud credentials. I suspect that it doesn't support it but can't find the answer.

Igor Savchenko

Oct 16, 2015, 8:19:33 PM10/16/15
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
We do support keystone v3 api. Can you please provide your keystone URL (you can mask IP/Domain).

Thanks,
Igor

On 16 October 2015 at 16:06, Carl Brumm <c.e....@gmail.com> wrote:
Simple question. Does Scalr support the keystone v3 api of openstack? I've gotten it to work with an older v2.0 api installation, but against a newer v3 api I can't get it to accept my cloud credentials. I suspect that it doesn't support it but can't find the answer.

Sebastian Stadil

Oct 16, 2015, 8:23:28 PM10/16/15
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to the community Carl!

Carl Brumm

Oct 16, 2015, 8:25:11 PM10/16/15
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
I hope the attached screen shot shows enough. Our OpenStack does use domains, which is where I think it's having issues. Thank you for your help

scalr-keystone.png

Igor Savchenko

Oct 16, 2015, 8:36:13 PM10/16/15
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
Seems like you're using domains for you projects and this is not supported yet. Is this POC/Dev cloud or production?

Regards,
Igor

Carl Brumm

Oct 16, 2015, 8:41:18 PM10/16/15
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
This OpenStack cloud is production and we're demo'ing tech to help us use it and other public clouds at the same time. But I'm not on the cloud infrastructure team and the openstack they built does require them to use domains. So that's not something I can get reversed. But thanks for helping to confirm.

Carl

Sebastian Stadil

Oct 16, 2015, 8:44:51 PM10/16/15
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
We don't have a domain-enabled OpenStack in our lab, can we take this conversation private to work with you to add support?

Carl Brumm

Oct 16, 2015, 8:50:52 PM10/16/15
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
I would not be against that at all but I'm also not able to promise much at this moment. I will check with my company for permission and email you directly from my company email next week. I appreciate you're willingness to help me and I hope I'm able to reciprocate.

Carl