Scalarizr status is not available: Unable to perform request to update client: Timeout was reached

Michele Viviani

Feb 17, 2015, 9:33:04 AM2/17/15
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'm not able to see Sclar Agent status from "server status" page.
I checked scalarizr and scalr-upd-client are up.
Security group are allowing all ports, a simple wget it succeffully connect

--2015-02-17 14:32:07--  http://10.X.X.X:8008/
Connecting to 10.X.X.X:8008... connected.

Any ideas?
Mike

Thomas Orozco

Feb 17, 2015, 8:07:28 PM2/17/15
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Michele,

This issue was made easier to troubleshoot in the current enterprise branch of Scalr (i.e. we now provide debugging information).

You might want to try applying the attached patch (extracted from Scalr EE) to get that debugging and figure out what is causing this issue.

To apply it:
- Upload the patch to your server (e.g. in /tmp/the.patch)
- cd to /opt/scalr-server/embedded/scalr
- Run: patch -p1 < /tmp/the.patch (or change the path to wherever you actually put the patch).

Cheers,
0001-improved-error-message.patch

Michele Viviani

Feb 18, 2015, 4:23:40 AM2/18/15
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas,
thanks for providing me that patch from EE version.
I've downloaded it to the scal server, but I cannot find the "patch" command in the directory (and neither in /opt/scalr-server).
--[root@ip-10-222-196-63 scalr-server]# cd /opt/scalr-server/embedded/scalr
[root@ip-10-222-196-63 scalr]# ls
app  CHANGELOG-5.0.md  CHANGELOG-5.1.md  INSTALL.md  LICENSE  manifest.json  NOTICE.md  phpunit.xml  README.md  sql
[root@ip-10-222-196-63 scalr]# cd /
[root@ip-10-222-196-63 /]# find . -name "patch"
[root@ip-10-222-196-63 /]#

--
I miss some installation steps?

Mike

Thomas Orozco

Feb 18, 2015, 10:16:26 AM2/18/15
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Mike,

The patch command doesn't come bundled with Scalr, but most Linux distros make it easy to install.

If you're on CentOS / RHEL, yum install patch should do the trick. If you're on Debian / Ubuntu, then apt-get install patch should.

Cheers,

-- Thomas | Product Manager @ Scalr | tho...@scalr.com | www.scalr.com | blog.scalr.com

Message has been deleted

Igor Savchenko

Feb 18, 2015, 11:28:48 AM2/18/15
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
Do you have selinux or apparmor on scalr box? php is unable to make
requests to port 8008.

Regards,
Igor

On 18 February 2015 at 08:22, Michele Viviani <mike...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Thomas,
>
> thanks for the suggestion., I was able to install that and run the patch.
> Here what I can see now
>
> Scalarizr status is not available: Unable to perform request to update
> client (10.222.193.37:8008): Timeout was reached; Operation timed out after
> 30001 milliseconds with 0 bytes received (http://10.222.193.37:8008/)
>
> It seems something blocking, but all ports are opened...
>
> [root@ip-10-222-196-63 scalr-server]# wget http://10.222.193.37:8008/
> --2015-02-18 16:19:46-- http://10.222.193.37:8008/
> Connecting to 10.222.193.37:8008... connected.
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 400 Bad request
> 2015-02-18 16:19:46 ERROR 400: Bad request.
>
> [root@ip-10-222-196-63 scalr-server]#
>
> Here the connection from the scalr server to the host.
> Do you know the exact URL it's trying?
> I will try from the Linux command

Thomas Orozco

Feb 18, 2015, 11:33:56 AM2/18/15
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Michele,

Try running scalr-server-ctl extras on your instance to make sure SELinux is disabled.

Cheers,

-- Thomas | Product Manager @ Scalr | tho...@scalr.com | www.scalr.com | blog.scalr.com

Michele Viviani

Feb 19, 2015, 3:48:49 AM2/19/15
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas,
SELinux is disabled on the Scalr Server box
[root@ip-10-222-196-63 selinux]# cat /etc/sysconfig/selinux
# This file controls the state of SELinux on the system.
# SELINUX= can take one of these three values:
#       enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced.
#       permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing.
#       disabled - SELinux is fully disabled.
SELINUX=disabled
# SELINUXTYPE= type of policy in use. Possible values are:
#       targeted - Only targeted network daemons are protected.
#       strict - Full SELinux protection.
SELINUXTYPE=targeted

It's enabled it thhe Linux Box target server
[root@ogawsl1qv scalarizr]# cat /etc/sysconfig/selinux

# This file controls the state of SELinux on the system.
# SELINUX= can take one of these three values:
#     enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced.
#     permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing.
#     disabled - No SELinux policy is loaded.
SELINUX=enforcing
# SELINUXTYPE= can take one of these two values:
#     targeted - Targeted processes are protected,
#     mls - Multi Level Security protection.
SELINUXTYPE=targeted

[root@ogawsl1qv scalarizr]#

Thomas Orozco

Feb 19, 2015, 2:17:29 PM2/19/15
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Michele,

This looks a bit unusual, and we might have to use something like tcpdump to debug this issue.

Would you be open to provide temporary access to this instance? (if so, please reply to tho...@scalr.com

If not, I'll send more detailed instructions over.

Thanks!

Michele Viviani

Feb 19, 2015, 3:04:10 PM2/19/15
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I cannot give you access.
Can you provide details?

Thanks
Mike

Thomas Orozco

Feb 19, 2015, 3:05:21 PM2/19/15
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com

Would a screenshare make sense? We can also look at your CA issue while we're at it.

Cheers,

Michele Viviani

Feb 19, 2015, 3:24:35 PM2/19/15
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
That's a good idea.
I'm now at home not able to do that.
Can we have tomorrow your morning?
I'm Based in Italy.
Mike

Thomas Orozco

Feb 19, 2015, 4:55:04 PM2/19/15
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Michele,

How's 7 am PST tomorrow? I'll send an invite along.

Cheers,

-- Thomas | Product Manager @ Scalr | tho...@scalr.com | www.scalr.com | blog.scalr.com

Mike

Michele Viviani