Scalr-meta is not available in my AWS Console

Amit Saini

Sep 19, 2016, 3:43:49 PM9/19/16
to scalr-discuss

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to connect ASW billing with Scalr as per scalr document  scalr-meta should be in active state but my AWS's Cost Allocation Tags do not have any entry for
scalr-meta

do we need to add the scalr-meta in AWS ???
if yes

then Where need to add in and what will be its value

anybody can help..?

Regards

Amit
Scalr-meta-tags.jpg

Marc O'Brien

Sep 19, 2016, 3:55:49 PM9/19/16
to scalr-discuss
Hi Amit,

Have you already configured Scalr with your AWS Cloud Credentials as described here?  If so, have you ensured that the correct IAM profile is attached to your Scalr user?

Many thanks,
Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support

Marc O'Brien

Sep 19, 2016, 4:05:30 PM9/19/16
to scalr-discuss
Hi Amit,

To clarify, you should not need to create the scalr-meta tag manually.  This should already be present when configuring Detailed Billing if Scalr has been properly configured with your Cloud Credentials.

Many thanks,
Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support

Amit Saini

Sep 19, 2016, 6:02:07 PM9/19/16
to scalr-discuss

HI Marc,

I have execute the following step as the shared document

1.Created IAM user for Scalr and download the IAM key

2. Created Policy for Scalr

3. Apply the same policy in newly created user (scalr)

But still Scalr-mata tag is not available in AWS

 Please Help.....

Marc O'Brien

Sep 19, 2016, 6:21:55 PM9/19/16
to scalr-discuss
Hi Amit,

Did you also Add and Save the Cloud Credentials for the AWS account within Scalr?  In my testing once I have created and added the AWS credentials to my Scalr deployment, Scalr then created the appropriate tags within the AWS account.  If you have done this, are you able to launch Farms and view the scalr-meta tag on any instance of Farm Roles that are instantiated?  As shown in the attached screenshot of the Farm Designer, Scalr will automatically provision Farm Role instances with this tag and values specific to the instance.

Many thanks,
Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support

Marc O'Brien

Sep 19, 2016, 6:57:30 PM9/19/16
to scalr-discuss
Hi Amit,

It sounds like the issue here is that you have not yet launched any AWS instances with Scalr using your Cloud Credentials.  You will need to do the following:
  1. Launch your first VM in Scalr, so it will tag this first resource.
  2. Wait for 8 hours.

Let us know if troubles persist at that point.

Many thanks,
Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support

Amit Saini

Sep 20, 2016, 12:00:54 PM9/20/16
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marc

Could you please share me Scalr LINK (step to step demonstration in scalr to launch EC2 Instance) to start EC2 Instance with Farms and Role configurations...???

Regards
Amit

Marc O'Brien

Sep 20, 2016, 12:07:27 PM9/20/16
to scalr-discuss
Hi Amit,

You will want to start by Syncing our Shared Roles in order to gain access to our catalog of standard Roles built from commonly used images.  Alternatively you can create your own Roles if you prefer.  Once you have some Roles in your library, you will then want to start with our 3-Tier app tutorial.  This will be the best starting point to familiarize yourself with the construction of Farms, Farm Roles, and Scalr in general.  Let us know if you have any questions from here.

Cheers,

Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support

On Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 10:00:54 AM UTC-6, Amit Saini wrote:
Hi Marc

Could you please share me Scalr LINK to start EC2 Instance with Farms and Role configurations...???