VPC Router related query

Swarup Kotikalapudi

Aug 24, 2015, 6:23:55 AM8/24/15
to scalr-discuss

Dear Scalr Team,

We have a setup where opensource Scalr (version 5.8.29 OSS) is hosted outside AWS envionment.

We have a AWS account created, the relevent information of AWS account is feed into Scalr.
I am able to launch AWS roles successfully in public subnet of my custom AWS VPC from the Scalr hosted in external enviornment.
However I am unable to create role, when role needs to be launched in private subnet of custom AWS VPC. As the network tab in Scalr required VPC router information to be filled, but i find VPC router field is disabled.

I tried to follow the steps mentioned in the link on VPC Router https://scalr-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/display/docs/Using+VPC+-+External+Scalr+Deployment
Scalr Documentation states Scalr VPC router has to be used to launch role in AWS VPC with private subnet.  However i don't see the icon to select VPC router in ''Çonfigure Scalr Automation'Window'.

I have a question does Opensource Scalr has a support for VPC Router, when Scalr is not hosted in AWS environment.
Or
If i am missing any steps or anything wrong from my side, please help me to correct my configuration.

Please note if i host Scalr in AWS public subnet, and set scalr.instances_connection_policy to local in Scalr config.yml.
In this scenario Scalr doesn't ask for VPC Router information while creating role on private subnet.

Thanks,
Swarup

Igor Savchenko

Aug 31, 2015, 3:54:36 PM8/31/15