Best way to build the scalarizr agent into the image

Jeff Gojkovich

Dec 14, 2016, 11:11:26 AM12/14/16
to scalr-discuss
Hello,

We are building our OS images using a CI/CD process and would like to build the scalarizr agent into the builds rather than having to do the manual step of launching an machine with the image and going through the import process.

What is required to configure the agent so that we can simply do an import on the image and have it work within our scalr environment?

I can easily install the agent, I just need a little advice on what needs to be done with the configuration.

--
Jeff

Marc O'Brien

Dec 14, 2016, 12:44:52 PM12/14/16
to scalr-discuss
Hi Jeff,

As you had noted, it should be simple to install the Scalr Agent on your machine and take a new snapshot so that you have a new "Scalarized" copy of your build image.  Then you should be able to simply register the new image for use in Scalr.  As shown in the attached screenshot, be sure to indicate that Scalarizr is installed on the image while you are importing the new image to Scalr.  This should allow the "Scalarized" build image to work as expected within your Scalr environment.

Many thanks,
Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support

Jeff Gojkovich

Dec 14, 2016, 3:30:36 PM12/14/16
to scalr-discuss
Thank you Marc.  Simply installing the agent into the images worked perfectly!

--
Jeff

Marc O'Brien

Dec 14, 2016, 3:37:09 PM12/14/16
to scalr-discuss
Hi Jeff,

Excellent news.  Glad to hear this is working well for you.  Let us know if you run in to anything else moving forward.

Many thanks,
Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support