Server Status Out of Sync - Says Rebooting or Resuming

Jay Farschman

May 11, 2016, 4:31:50 PM5/11/16
to scalr-discuss
I have seen it twice today and while I was gone last week, my colleague made notes of it.  You guys know, I'm running the community edition with the latest updates

PROBLEM
~~~~~~~~~
My users are all Devs and will generally suspend EC2 instances when they stop working for the day.  In the morning when they resume we get curious results.  The server status in the Web UI will say "Suspended" after it's really running or will say "Resuming" when it's really stopped.  The status is somehow out of sync and I'm unsure how to troubleshoot this.

I have seen this with CentOS 7.2 and Windows 2012r2

If I fiddle around and perform a few hard reboots it generally gets back into sync. Any idea how I can troubleshoot this?

Jay Farschman

Jul 6, 2016, 12:08:22 PM7/6/16
to scalr-discuss
I am now seeing a lot of Windows 2012 R2 stuck in "Resuming" state.  My user's are nice fellows and tend to shut things down at night to save money and I get to help them manually starting and stopping the Scalarizr agent(s) on the instance(s).

5.10.21 (Community Edition)

Also, in another poets there is a 5.11 CE version mentioned.  I somehow missed this release announcement.

Igor Savchenko

Jul 6, 2016, 12:16:51 PM7/6/16
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jay,

Please try to update to 5.11 first. Announcement is in progress. :-)

Regards,
Igor

Jay Farschman

Jul 6, 2016, 12:56:45 PM7/6/16
to scalr-discuss
Thank you Igor,

I can see the packages now.  I'll give it a try a little later.

# apt-show-versions scalr-server
scalr-server:amd64/trusty 5.10.21.oss~nightly.20160205115632.19.3f2b1f0.5d525b1-1 upgradeable to 5.11.22.oss~nightly.20160629003350.21.3fb5fbe.014cd7c-1