Scalr itegration with OpenStack private networking (e.g. vRack from OVH)

Gilles O

Jun 14, 2016, 9:58:21 AM6/14/16
to scalr-discuss
Hi all,

I'm trying to spin up instances into an OVH vRack (public cloud) from within ScalR opensource (hosted).

It seems like the onliest networking possibility available is to use a single Ext-Net interface. Although from the API, it possible to spin up private-only machiines (in an AWS-VPC fashion)

Is there something that can be done to enable feature inside Scalr ?
Or this feature is not yet available / supported ? If so, is his something that is planned for the forthcoming release  ? When could this be available ?

Thanks and regards,

Marc O'Brien

Jun 14, 2016, 1:22:57 PM6/14/16
to scalr-discuss
Hi Gilles,

You should be able to select a private network when configuring an OpenStack Farm Role.  Under the Network Tab you should have the ability to select from your available networks, including private networks.  If you are not seeing the expected networks, could you attach screenshots of your experienced behavior?  This should help us better understand your situation.

Many thanks,
Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support

Gilles O

Jun 16, 2016, 8:00:30 AM6/16/16
to scalr-discuss
Hi Marc,
Thanks for your answer.
So i started to configure a new farm with a role based on an openstack image ;
screenshots are attached.

I can only see ExtNet in the network section of the scalr openstack farm-role details.

Although, openstack cloud shows 2 available private subnets.
I probably am missing something... Do you have a ckue  ?

Gilles O

Jun 16, 2016, 9:39:26 AM6/16/16
to scalr-discuss
(images are masked in the previous messages text...)

Daniele Testa

Jun 16, 2016, 10:08:56 AM6/16/16
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
From your screenshots, it looks like your network is under Governance. Please check and confirm that you did not limit the available networks under the Governance section.