Scalr communicating with Openstack instance

Jeff Gojkovich

Jun 3, 2016, 2:26:32 PM6/3/16
to scalr-discuss
Hello,

I am trying to create an image in a local Openstack environment.  I am walking through the steps but I run into an issue when Scalr tries to initiate the communication with the instance.  It is trying to use the instances private IP rather than its public IP. Is there any way to tell Scalr to communicate with the instance on its public(floating) ip?

--
Jeff

Marc O'Brien

Jun 3, 2016, 2:42:03 PM6/3/16
to scalr-discuss
Hi Jeff,

You need to add the following configuration to /etc/scalr-server/scalr-server.rb:

app[:configuration] = {
  :scalr => {
    :openstack => {
       :instances_connection_policy => 'public'
    }
  }
}

If you already have defined app[:configuration] you'll need to merge settings. Don't forget to run scalr-server-ctl reconfigure to apply the new settings.

Let us know if issues persist.

Many thanks,
Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support