False-positive crash check and inconsistent resuming states.

ryann...@pingidentity.com

Feb 15, 2017, 10:49:48 AM2/15/17
to scalr-discuss
I am seeing a large amount of this log entry in our cloud poller.
ERROR - [CRASH][FarmID: <id> ] False-positive crash check: <id> (EnvID: ). Please verify current scalr install with app/www/test
environment.php

we have had a large amount of issues with the scalrizr agent and we currently have an issue where the agent can talk to the scalr admin node however the resuming status change is ignored and servers are unable to get out of resuming state

the message-sender is showing Server <id> doesn't exist or not in right status, set message <id> status to 3

we are seeing the poller hit the ec2 api a large amount and running into rate limiting, before we go down this rabbit hole is there anything that jumps out at anyone for an obvious cause, we already are waiting on our TAMS to up the rate limiting but it's already pretty high.

we are running the latest community version.

Marc O'Brien

Feb 16, 2017, 11:45:36 AM2/16/17
to scalr-discuss
Hi Ryann,

This looks like a known issue that has since been resolved in Enterprise Scalr.  We have also drastically reduced the volume of API calls placed by our cloud poller to mitigate the rate limit issues you have run in to as well.  In the short term increasing your limits may be helpful, but ultimately the best resolution here will be to update to Enterprise or await a future Open Source update that will include the Enterprise bugfixes you need.  I do not currently have a public ETA for the next Open Source update, but this is on the horizon.  Let us know if you have any questions.

Many thanks,
Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support