Account Cost Analytics page never loads - how to debug?

Andrew Thomas

Dec 31, 2016, 11:14:59 AM12/31/16
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
I want to open the account-scope Cost Analytics tab.  The browser shows the blue/red/black loading icon.  It fills to full and then just waits there forever.  The Cost Analytics page never shows up.

How can I debug this to see why it is failing?

I am running 5.11.22 (Community Edition)

I notice in the Javascript console of my browser that this error occurs:
GET http://i0.wp.com/192.168.3.67/ui2/js/extjs-5.0/theme/images/topmenu/avatar-default-small.png  [HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found]

My server is 192.168.3.67, which is correct, but I have never heard of i0.wp.com.  This is the only resource being loaded from i0.wp.com.  All the others are correctly loading from my server.  I don't know why the page would totally fail to show up on account of one missing image, though.

Vitaliy Demidov

Jan 1, 2017, 7:01:01 AM1/1/17
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
Please examine your /opt/scalr-server/var/log/php/php-errors.log. It may be also helpful to take a glance on mysql slow log.
If you have admin access to Scalr you may also turn on mysql queries profiler tool invoking Scalr.debugSql(); in javascript console.

Cheers,
Vitaliy

On Sat, Dec 31, 2016 at 6:14 PM, Andrew Thomas <andrew...@gmail.com> wrote:
I want to open the account-scope Cost Analytics tab.  The browser shows the blue/red/black loading icon.  It fills to full and then just waits there forever.  The Cost Analytics page never shows up.

How can I debug this to see why it is failing?

I am running 5.11.22 (Community Edition)

Andrew Thomas

Jan 2, 2017, 8:06:55 AM1/2/17
to scalr-discuss
Thank you.  It's very helpful to know how to find the logs.  After much fiddling it turns out that this was not a Scalr problem at all.  I changed my browser and everything works fine.  I think this was a pop-up blocker silently getting in the way, even though there's no pop-up and all of the other Scalr pages work.  I'll be sure to check that first before I post again.

Thanks for your help.