Getting UnavailableException: null once in a while

como...@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2013, 10:22:02 AM10/31/13
to sca...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I am seeing this problem with Cassandra version 1.2.9. Some of my transactions are failing with the following error.

UnavailableException: org.scale7.cassandra.pelops.exceptions.UnavailableException: null at org.scale7.cassandra.pelops.exceptions.IExceptionTranslator$ExceptionTranslator.translate(IExceptionTranslator.java:61) ~[na:na] at org.scale7.cassandra.pelops.Operand.tryOperation(Operand.java:115) ~[na:na] at org.scale7.cassandra.pelops.Mutator.execute(Mutator.java:102) ~[na:na] at org.scale7.cassandra.pelops.Mutator.execute(Mutator.java:71)

With the previous version of Cassandra i.e. 1.0.11 things worked as expected. I tried with the latest Pelops version and with the 1.3.xx the same result (the latest seems to be a bit stable though).

Any ideas as to why this might be the case ?

Thanks !

Dan Washusen

Oct 31, 2013, 6:47:36 PM10/31/13
to sca...@googlegroups.com
The org.scale7.cassandra.pelops.exceptions.UnavailableException exception is thrown when the underlying Thrift client throws org.apache.cassandra.thrift.UnavailableException. The UnavailableException is thrown by Cassandra when the requested ConsistencyLevel can't be satisfied (so it's not Pelops)...  I'd suggest checking your Cassandra logs to see if that can provide any more info.

Dan Washusen
Make big files fly!