scalaz 7.2.0 final released!

Kenji Yoshida

Dec 4, 2015, 7:25:14 PM12/4/15
to scalaz

Hello everyone.

I'm very happy to announce the release of the final version of scalaz 7.2.0 🎉

Release notes

Compared to v7.1.0, this release have

  • 67 contributors
  • 525 commits
  • 472 files changed, 13158 insertions, 14614 deletions

This is not binary compatible with 7.1.x and 7.2.x milestones and release candidate.

Future releases in the 7.2.x series will be backwards compatible with this release.

The key features of this release are:

These features does not backport to 7.1.x.

Furthermore, some modules and classes removed, and added a lot of features.

Please refer to the release notes for more details.

https://github.com/scalaz/scalaz/wiki/7.2.0

Further development

Major development of scalaz continues in the series/7.3.x branch.

Basically, please file pull requests to series/7.3.x branch.

Best regards.

Kenji @xuwei-k

David Barri

Dec 5, 2015, 7:18:45 AM12/5/15
to scalaz
Piggyback!

Scalaz 7.2.0 has also been released for Scala.JS as an unofficial fork
here: https://github.com/japgolly/scalaz

Also the Free monad benchmarks have been updated and I'm happy to see that Free is over doubly fast compared to 7.1, since the encoding was changed. (See the {before,after}.png attachments.)

The Free monad library shootout, currently only against Cats, has gone from being significantly slower to faster (-est). Great work!

Cheers,
DB
before.png
after.png