[scalaz-stream] How to write to the DB using multiple connections

Piotr Gabryanczyk

Dec 26, 2015, 6:24:30 AM12/26/15
to scalaz

I am trying to write to the DB in parallel using scalaz-stream.

Before I've done it with the set of actors, which would own connection each, and they would be pinned to the thread, so if connection dies the actor gets restarted, etc.

I really like scalaz-streams and would like to be able to achieve similar semantics with the library but I am a total newbie.

Any ideas?

Peter

Piotr Gabryanczyk

Jan 28, 2016, 4:22:15 PM1/28/16
to scalaz
I ended up wrapping the akka lib I mentioned with the scalaz Task using async to convert scala Future to scalaz Task.
This works quite well but I am not fully happy with mixing the paradigms.