runner substring argument from sbt not working

Dara Llillis

Apr 12, 2016, 6:27:59 PM4/12/16
to scalatest-users
I just upgraded from scalatest 2.2.4 to 2.2.6

Since the upgrade, my sbt command line method of running a specific test via the substring filter (-z) no longer works.

I have been using:
sbt>test-only SuiteName -- -z "substring"

with scalatest 2.2.4, this worked great, since upgrading to 2.2.6, nothing runs, I get
[info] No tests were executed.
[info] Passed: Total 0, Failed 0, Errors 0, Passed 0

I can still sucessfully run the whole suite if I remove the substring filter. I can also successfully pass some command line arguments (e.g. -- -oD will show duration in the console output).

I am using sbt 0.13.9, and scalatest 2.2.6, scala 2.11.7

Bill Venners

Apr 12, 2016, 6:41:03 PM4/12/16
to scalate...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dara,

I'm unable to get it to work with sbt 0.13.9 even back as far as 2.2.0. Did you by chance upgrade sbt at the same time?

In the meantime, I'll try and find an older version of sbt to test ScalaTest 2.2.6 against.

Bill

ScalaTest itself, and documentation, is available here:
http://www.artima.com/scalatest
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "scalatest-users" group.

Bill Venners
Artima, Inc.
http://www.artima.com

Dara Llillis

Apr 12, 2016, 7:22:35 PM4/12/16
to scalatest-users
Hi Bill,

I didn't upgrade sbt at the same time. I can (within my sbt 0.13.9 project) roll scalatest back to 2.2.4 and it the substring filter (-z) does work.

Thanks,

-Dara

Bill Venners

Apr 12, 2016, 7:59:53 PM4/12/16
to scalate...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dara,

OK. I'll keep trying to reproduce it tonight.

Bill

Dara Llillis

Apr 12, 2016, 8:06:34 PM4/12/16
to scalatest-users
Thanks Bill. I also tried updating my project to use sbt 0.13.11 and the problem seemed to persist (i.e. reproduced using sbt 0.13.11 and scalatest 2.2.6).