Selenium DSL SingleSel - Set selected value by visible text?

Todd Sharpe

Oct 28, 2015, 3:36:44 PM10/28/15
to scalatest-users
Hi,

I'm new here and have just started learning both Scala and ScalaTest.  I have used Selenium (Java) in the past and was wondering if there was any built in support in ScalaTest for setting the selected value of a 'Select' field by passing the visible text of the option (as opposed to the value).

Selenium supports a 'selectByVisibleText' method for doing this.

Anything equivalent in ScalaTest, or will I need to facilitate this ability myself?

Thank you and keep up the great work!

Bill Venners

Oct 28, 2015, 3:50:02 PM10/28/15
to scalate...@googlegroups.com
Hi Todd,

Everything we support directly is documented here:

http://scalatest.org/user_guide/using_selenium

If we don't have a particular option in the DSL, you should be able to just grab the underlying selenium WebDriver and call methods on it directly.

Bill

ScalaTest itself, and documentation, is available here:
http://www.artima.com/scalatest
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "scalatest-users" group.

Bill Venners
Artima, Inc.
http://www.artima.com

Todd Sharpe

Oct 30, 2015, 9:02:13 AM10/30/15
to scalatest-users
Makes perfect sense, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Thanks for the clarification.