More detailed stack trace from PropSpec

Alastair Andrew

Aug 26, 2014, 6:41:51 PM8/26/14
to scalate...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm using ScalaTest to run a series of PropSpec test cases that rely on ScalaCheck Generators to populate some custom case classes. Several of my test cases currently fail
during this data generation phase with messages such as:

test configure time bounds *** FAILED ***

StackOverflowError was thrown during property evaluation.
Message: "None"
Occurred when passed generated values (

)

The error itself is indicative of a problem in my Generator but my question is whether there's any way to access a more verbose version of the failure message that'll help me narrow the root issue down. I run my tests using the ScalaTest plugin for the Scala IDE (and also from the command line using the Maven plugin). ScalaCheck itself supports increasing the verbosity of its output with the -v parameter (when being run directly from the command line). Is there anyway to pass this flag to it via the ScalaTest runner?

Martin Mauch

Sep 24, 2015, 9:21:21 AM9/24/15
to scalatest-users
We're just running into a similar problem where a MalformedInputException is thrown while generating test input data.
It would be great to have some facility to inspect where exceptions during generator evaluation came from.
Does anyone have an idea?

Best
  Martin

Bill Venners

Sep 24, 2015, 9:50:52 AM9/24/15
to scalate...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin & Alastair,

Sorry looks like we didn't reply to Alistair's old query. We will
investigate this and let you know.

Bill
> --
> ScalaTest itself, and documentation, is available here:
> http://www.artima.com/scalatest
> ---
> "scalatest-users" group.
> email to scalatest-use...@googlegroups.com.