Which version of Selenium is compatible with ScalaTest 3.0.1?

alexande...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2017, 10:28:40 AM3/28/17
to scalatest-users
Hi guys,

I've been on ScalaTest 3.0.0 and Selenium 3.0.1.
When I tried to ugrade ScalaTest to 3.0.1 and Selenim to 3.2.0 I've got a bunch of weird issues when running my tests.

Could you advice what is the maximal version of the Selenium I can use with ScalaTest 3.0.1? Probably you can point me to some web resource where compatibility matrix is supported?

Regards,
Alex

Bill Venners

Mar 28, 2017, 10:58:55 AM3/28/17
to scalate...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

The details are in the pom file, which is here:

You can find it by going to scalatest.org and clicking on Install, then ScalaTest 3.0.1 artifacts. That file says the version of Selenium is 2.35.0.

Bill

ScalaTest itself, and documentation, is available here:
http://www.artima.com/scalatest
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "scalatest-users" group.

Bill Venners
Artima, Inc.
http://www.artima.com

Dennis Rieks

Mar 28, 2017, 10:59:16 AM3/28/17
to scalate...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexander,

Selenium 3.0.x should work with ScalaTest 3.0.1. Selenium has moved some classes to other jar files in 3.1 or 3.2 as far as I know.

I have updated pageobject (a fork of ScalaTest Selenium API supporting the page object pattern) to selenium 3.3.1 and removed support for 2.x api because of this changes in the develop branch. (see https://github.com/agido/pageobject/blob/develop/build.sbt)

What issues are you getting?

Regards,
Dennis

ScalaTest itself, and documentation, is available here:
http://www.artima.com/scalatest
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "scalatest-users" group.

Dennis Rieks

agido GmbH
Hafenpromenade 3a
44263 Dortmund

Fon: +49-231-399802-70
Fax: +49-231-399802-69
Skype: dennisrieks

http://www.agido.com/
http://www.facebook.com/agido

Amtsgericht Dortmund: HRB 20179
USt-IdNr.: DE287205768
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Louis

alexande...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2017, 11:35:49 AM4/5/17
to scalatest-users
Hi Bill,

thanks for reply. Got it.
Are there any plans to catch up with Selenium version? It's 3.3.1 already.

Regards,
Alex

вівторок, 28 березня 2017 р. 17:58:55 UTC+3 користувач Bill Venners написав:

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 6:19 AM, <alexande...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys,

I've been on ScalaTest 3.0.0 and Selenium 3.0.1.
When I tried to ugrade ScalaTest to 3.0.1 and Selenim to 3.2.0 I've got a bunch of weird issues when running my tests.

Could you advice what is the maximal version of the Selenium I can use with ScalaTest 3.0.1? Probably you can point me to some web resource where compatibility matrix is supported?

Regards,
Alex

ScalaTest itself, and documentation, is available here:
http://www.artima.com/scalatest
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "scalatest-users" group.

alexande...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2017, 11:36:50 AM4/5/17
to scalatest-users
Hi Dennis,

precisely. I clearly see that it is not working with 3.2, complaining that cannot find certain packages.

Regards,
Alex

вівторок, 28 березня 2017 р. 17:59:16 UTC+3 користувач Dennis Rieks написав:
[...]

Dennis Rieks

Apr 5, 2017, 1:39:46 PM4/5/17
to scalate...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexander,

you can try adding "org.seleniumhq.selenium" % "selenium-support", maybe this helps.

Dennis

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/scalatest-users?hl=en
ScalaTest itself, and documentation, is available here:
http://www.artima.com/scalatest
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "scalatest-users" group.

Bill Venners

Apr 5, 2017, 5:27:25 PM4/5/17
to scalate...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Actually what we're working on is to pull selenium out as a module, so that they can vary independently. That means more builds and more pain for users to figure out which version goes with what, but we need to solve that. The way to tell what version of Selenium a version of ScalaTest was compiled against is to look at the pom file of the ScalaTest version. For 3.0.1 that's here:

So the version of Selenium is 2.35.0. That does sound a lot older than 3.3.1. We haven't done a release in a while. We'll do a 3.0.2 that updates versions.

Bill

alexande...@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2017, 6:59:27 AM4/6/17
to scalatest-users
Sound great Bill

четвер, 6 квітня 2017 р. 00:27:25 UTC+3 користувач Bill Venners написав: