ScalaTest 3.0.0 regression

John Sullivan

Sep 13, 2016, 6:15:07 PM9/13/16
to scalatest-users
Hi there!

I have a bit of an edge case that stops working properly when upgrading from 2.2.6 to 3.0.0. I have the following source in my test suite:

import org.scalatest._

object RegrSuite extends FeatureSpec with GivenWhenThen {

  feature("FeatureSpec") {

    scenario("should produce output") {

      Given("a prime number x")

      When("x is even")

      Then("x equals 2")

    }

  }

}

class RegrSuite extends Suites(RegrSuite)

When I run using ScalaTest 2.2.6, I get the following output:

[info] RegrSuite:

[info] Feature: FeatureSpec

[info]   Scenario: should produce output

[info]     Given a prime number x

[info]     When x is even

[info]     Then x equals 2

[info] Run completed in 273 milliseconds.

[info] Total number of tests run: 1

[info] Suites: completed 2, aborted 0

[info] Tests: succeeded 1, failed 0, canceled 0, ignored 0, pending 0

But under 3.0.0, I get the following:

[info] Run completed in 159 milliseconds.

[info] Total number of tests run: 1

[info] Suites: completed 2, aborted 0

[info] Tests: succeeded 1, failed 0, canceled 0, ignored 0, pending 0

As you can see, the test still runs, but most of the output for the test has gone away. I'm guessing this is an unintended change. It's preventing me from upgrading to 3.0.0 at the moment. I would be willing to take a stab at a fix if you think it wouldn't be too difficult for me to figure out. Any hints at where I might start looking?

Thanks! -John

John Sullivan

Sep 14, 2016, 8:59:03 AM9/14/16
to scalatest-users
I should say that I am running the tests within SBT, version 0.13.11

John Sullivan

Sep 27, 2016, 11:34:52 AM9/27/16
to scalatest-users
I made this into a GitHub issue: https://github.com/scalatest/scalatest/issues/978

Assuming I can get the test suite to run to make sure I didn't break anything, I should have a fix soon..