Running Scalatest against compiled and packaged tests

Brett Cave

Mar 3, 2017, 10:33:19 AM3/3/17
to scalatest-users
hi, I'd like to run scalatest against compiled / packaged tests. For example, in an SBT project:

    > test:compile

And then, with all dependencies in a "lib" directory (including scala lang libs, scalatest, etc).

    $ java -cp target/scala-2.10/myproject_2.10-1.0-tests.jar:libs/* org.scalatest.tools.Runner -o -u results
    Discovery starting.
    Discovery completed in 43 milliseconds.
    Run starting. Expected test count is: 0
    DiscoverySuite:
    Run completed in 135 milliseconds.
    Total number of tests run: 0
    Suites: completed 1, aborted 0
    Tests: succeeded 0, failed 0, canceled 0, ignored 0, pending 0
    No tests were executed.

If I go into SBT and execute "test" or "test-only", tests are executed, e.g.

    $ sbt
    > test-only my.company.app.SomeLogin
    [info] Run completed in 8 seconds, 656 milliseconds.
    [info] Total number of tests run: 4
    [info] Suites: completed 1, aborted 0
    [info] Tests: succeeded 1, failed 3, canceled 0, ignored 0, pending 0

The status is not the issue, I want tests to run - what am I doing wrong / how can I get scalatest to run against compiled tests in a jar?

I have also posted here looking for guidance. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks, Brett