Issues with "activator test"

Gavin Baumanis

Aug 7, 2015, 9:18:31 AM8/7/15
to scalatest-users
Hi Gang,
I have just updated ro the latest "activator" via the Typesafe web site.
I have updated all the libraries via "activator update"
I have also rerun "activator eclipse", as I was having some issues running my tests in the IDE (Eclipse / ScalaIDE)

My application compiles without error.
My application runs without error.

If I run my tests within Eclipse (ScalaIDE), I have no problems.
My tests / test suites run fine and display appropriately within the IDE.

But if I attempt to run my tests from the command line with "activator test", I get the following errors;

C:\Users\baumang\workspace\scala\com.thespidernet\scalablog\com\thespidernet\scalablog>activator test
[info] Loading project definition from C:\Users\baumang\workspace\scala\com.thespidernet\scalablog\com\thespidernet\scalablog\project
[info] Set current project to blog2 (in build file:/C:/Users/baumang/workspace/scala/com.thespidernet/scalablog/com/thespidernet/scalablog/)
[info] Compiling 12 Scala sources to C:\Users\baumang\workspace\scala\com.thespidernet\scalablog\com\thespidernet\scalablog\target\scala-2.11\test-classes...
[error] C:\Users\baumang\workspace\scala\com.thespidernet\scalablog\com\thespidernet\scalablog\test\com\thespidernet\scalablog\IntegrationSpec.scala:59: object
scalatest is not a member of package org
[error] import org.scalatest._
[error]            ^
[error] C:\Users\baumang\workspace\scala\com.thespidernet\scalablog\com\thespidernet\scalablog\test\com\thespidernet\scalablog\IntegrationSpec.scala:61: not fou
nd: type FunSuite
[error] abstract class IntegrationSpec extends FunSuite

It doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever - so I thought I had better ask for some help,

Thanks.

Gavin.

Bill Venners

Aug 7, 2015, 11:08:13 AM8/7/15
to scalate...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gavin,

That means you don't have ScalaTest on the classpath. Activator is sbt
underneath, so you'll likely want to add a line like:

libraryDependencies += "org.scalatest" %% "scalatest" % "2.2.5" % "test"

More info is here:

http://scalatest.org/user_guide/using_scalatest_with_sbt

Bill
> --
> ScalaTest itself, and documentation, is available here:
> http://www.artima.com/scalatest
> ---
> "scalatest-users" group.
> email to scalatest-use...@googlegroups.com.

Bill Venners
Artima, Inc.
http://www.artima.com

Gavin Baumanis

Aug 24, 2015, 1:48:09 AM8/24/15
to scalatest-users
Thanks Bill.
You're correct.
 I added the dependency and all was goog in the world.