ScalaTest 1.6.1 on JDK 1.5

john locke

Nov 10, 2011, 10:08:33 AM11/10/11
to scalatest-users
Hi guys,

Is scalatest supported on JDK 1.5? I am trying to use it inside a
large app which is deployed on top of JDK 1.5.0_12 and I am getting
the following error, which indicates that scalatest-1.6.1.jar is
incompatible with JDK 1.5.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.String.isEmpty()Z
at org.scalatest.tools.Runner$.parseCompoundArgIntoList(Runner.scala:
1053)
at org.scalatest.tools.Runner$.parseRunpathArgIntoList(Runner.scala:
1033)
at org.scalatest.tools.Runner
$.runOptionallyWithPassFailReporter(Runner.scala:521)
at org.scalatest.tools.Runner$.run(Runner.scala:485)

Thanks
-jl

Bill Venners

Nov 10, 2011, 10:57:01 AM11/10/11
to scalate...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

Sorry about that. I did have a problem with the build when I deployed
1.6.1. I built it on JDK 1.6 and set a Scala compiler flag to generate
for JDK 1.5, but it turned out that flag didn't work like I thought it
was supposed to. We have since changed our build so it won't happen
again, and several months back I released a 1.6.2-SNAPSHOT that was
exactly 1.6.1 recompiled under JDK 1.5.

http://scala-tools.org/repo-snapshots/org/scalatest/scalatest_2.9.0/1.6.2-SNAPSHOT/

This was done way back in the 2.9.0 days, but it is binary compatible
with 2.9.0-1 and 2.9.1. If you're using sbt you can't use the %% with
this one because there's just a release for 2.9.0.

libraryDependencies += "org.scalatest" % "scalatest_2.9.0" %
"1.6.2-SNAPSHOT" % "test"

Please let me know if this is sufficient to solve your problem. Let me
know if you need an actual release and I'll do a 1.6.2. The next full
release of ScalaTest with new features will be 2.0, and that's a
couple months away.

Thanks.

Bill

--