Sporadic Test Failures?

Paul Cleary

Sep 2, 2016, 4:22:43 PM9/2/16
to scalatest-users
Hello, I am using scala test with spray + akka.  I have tons and tons of Future based tests using akka testkit as well as ScalaTest Future support.

I have about 1000 unit tests.

Everything runs fine on my local, but on my build agent, about 20% of the time my build fails.

The first failure here is using Scala Test Futures
The second failure here is from SprayRouteTestKit failure that uses Test Probes / akka test kit

It seems like Future processing just bombs.  I increased the timeouts in many cases to over 5 seconds (which is a ridiculous amount of time).

Anyone else experience a similar issue?

I am on spray 1.3.3, akka 2.4.8, scala 2.11.8, scalatest 2.2.5, scoverage 1.3.5

[0m[ [0minfo [0m] [0m [31m A timeout occurred waiting for a future to complete. Queried 11 times, sleeping 500 milliseconds between each query.
Request was neither completed nor rejected within 1 second