Is it possible to run test without code?

Code88

Mar 12, 2015, 3:29:12 AM3/12/15
to scalate...@googlegroups.com
I want to know if it's possible to compile scala test on one machine then copy lib/ and target/ to another machine and run the tests. Below are steps that I tried to do.
  1. Build tests on machine A
  2. Add target/ and lib/ to the archive, let's say my_file.zip.
  3. Copy my_file.zip to another machine and extract the file on it.
  4. Go to /var/my_file and run sbt run my_test_package
The problem is it says no test found despite that it has all test classes. I was wondering if it's possible to do that with scalatest and sbt.

Code88

Mar 12, 2015, 3:29:12 AM3/12/15
to scalate...@googlegroups.com

I use sbt 0.13.5.

I'd like to execute tests on a machine and given they're successful move the project to another machine and rerun them without compilation.

I tried sbt testOnly package_1 package_2 but it didn't work.

These are the steps of what I am trying to do:

  1. Compile the project using sbt clean compile. If I execute sbt testOnly myTest1 on this machine, it works fine.
  2. Create a zip file from everything in target and lib
  3. Downloads the file on another machine
  4. Extracts it and run tests. (I only have target and lib directory on this machine.)