Scalaris disk back end

Gil Utard

Jan 28, 2014, 10:20:09 AM1/28/14
to scal...@googlegroups.com
Hi:

Currently we have a distributed application using riak. We plan to switch to another NoSQL DB to address embedded architectures.
Scalaris have features we need, except that database size is restricted to memory.

We tried to compile scalaris with tokon cabinet and the toke wrapper, but it seems outdated now.

Does someone knows a disk backend running now?

Yours,

Gil.

adr...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2014, 6:16:33 PM1/30/14
to scal...@googlegroups.com
Hello Gil.

Have you tried scalaris with my (alpha) tentative hanoidb driver backend ? It may fit your needs. See hanoidb thread.
Could you please share more info about your "distributed application" ?
What do you mean by "embedded architectures" ?
Why current riak can not do it ?
What is your database size ? (keys, data, replicas, cluster size...)
What is your workload pattern ? Which clients ?

Pierre M.

Jan Fajerski

Mar 11, 2014, 9:31:04 AM3/11/14
to scal...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gil,
you are right: tokyo cabinet and the toke wrapper are rather outdated. But they
should still be working. I did install it on my machine a few months ago. please
see the documentation in db_toke.erl. I wrote down the steps i had to take lasst
time...maybe this helps.

Another possibility is to use hanoidb. It is a disk backend that Scalaris is not
going to support, but it should still be ok to use for node storage. Please see
Pierres thread on the ml (the other active discussion ;)

Hope that helps,
Jan