Slick concurrency control

Flavio W. Brasil

Jan 16, 2013, 7:15:57 PM1/16/13
to scala...@googlegroups.com
I am developing a persistence framework benchmark called databen.ch and there is a difficulty to do the Slick implementation.

I can't find in the documentation any mechanism to deal with concurrent data access and modification. There is something like optimistic offline locking or the possibility to define the database transaction isolation level?

--
Flávio W. Brasil
{persistence as it should be}

Stefan Zeiger

Jan 17, 2013, 10:58:47 AM1/17/13
to scala...@googlegroups.com
On 2013-01-17 1:15, Flavio W. Brasil wrote:
I can't find in the documentation any mechanism to deal with concurrent data access and modification. There is something like optimistic offline locking or the possibility to define the database transaction isolation level?

There is no support for this in Slick but you can access the JDBC connection of a Slick Session directly to set parameters like isolation level.

--
Stefan Zeiger
Typesafe - The software stack for applications that scale

Ant Kutschera

Apr 11, 2013, 4:05:20 AM4/11/13
to scala...@googlegroups.com
http://databen.ch/ => shows Slick to be the slowest.  Can anyone independently verify that these results are fair?

Rahul Gulabani

Mar 19, 2017, 7:07:24 PM3/19/17
to Slick / ScalaQuery
Hello,

I have recently move from Java to Scala. No doubt at any time now I find doing programming in Scala is awsome. But I am little disapointed on following things

1. From Lightbend no good persistence ORM is provided ,I know slick is there but what about locking ,version control in case of dirt write and isolation level.
2. If all these things are supported please provide a document
3. Also being Asysncronous and Non Blocking are the features of reactive does slick support both cause in any web service or web application IO happends for two thing client to controller and dao layer to DB.

Note : Please complete the journey for persistence support so Scala can also raise iuln world of web application ,wer service .

Br/
Rahul