StackOverflowError in Slick ExpandSums

Daniel Skogquist Åborg

Aug 20, 2016, 5:50:26 PM8/20/16
to Slick / ScalaQuery
Hi,

I've got a curious exception in production mode of my app, which I'm finding difficult to reproduce or error hunt:

[error] a.a.ActorSystemImpl - Uncaught fatal error from thread [application-akka.actor.default-dispatcher-10] shutting down ActorSystem [application]
java.lang.StackOverflowError: null
  at slick.compiler.ExpandSums.slick$compiler$ExpandSums$$tr$1(ExpandSums.scala:27)
  at slick.compiler.ExpandSums$$anonfun$7.apply(ExpandSums.scala:32)
  at slick.compiler.ExpandSums$$anonfun$7.apply(ExpandSums.scala:32)
  at slick.util.ConstArray.endoMap(ConstArray.scala:122)
  at slick.ast.Node$class.mapChildren(Node.scala:51)
  at slick.ast.Apply.mapChildren(Node.scala:539)
  at slick.compiler.ExpandSums.slick$compiler$ExpandSums$$tr$1(ExpandSums.scala:32)
  at slick.compiler.ExpandSums$$anonfun$7.apply(ExpandSums.scala:32)
  at slick.compiler.ExpandSums$$anonfun$7.apply(ExpandSums.scala:32)
  at slick.util.ConstArray.endoMap(ConstArray.scala:122)

Anyone know what this error might mean? Unfortunately the stack trace does not indicate where in my code this is going wrong, and it only happens in the production mode, so it's difficult to find the source of it. Any better way to error debug these kind of messages?

Thanks,

Daniel

Daniel Skogquist Åborg

Aug 23, 2016, 8:20:47 AM8/23/16
to Slick / ScalaQuery
Is there any way to find out where in my code this error originates from? It doesn't seem to be in the stack trace Slick produces.

Daniel

Daniel Skogquist Åborg

Aug 25, 2016, 9:04:26 AM8/25/16
to Slick / ScalaQuery
Found the problem; some data in my database had invalid character encodings in a UTF-8 VARCHAR, which appears to have tripped up Slick somehow.

Daniel