Using Slick with other databases

ps33...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2017, 10:29:43 PM8/14/17
to Slick / ScalaQuery
Slick website states:

    Accessing other database systems is possible, with a reduced feature set.

Does this mean that Slick can be used with any JDBC driver?

I'm currently using SAP Hana accessing the database with Hibernate, this works fine but I would like to switch to Slick, is this possible? A reduced feature set may be sufficient.

Thanks
Peter

Ivano Pagano

Oct 30, 2017, 4:17:23 AM10/30/17
to Slick / ScalaQuery
We're using it on Postgres, with the additional support of a library for pg-specific operators.

You can access any jdbc persistency as far as I know, and add your own custom features is not impossible, though not easy I'm afraid.

Ivano