Slick Runtime Config

Steve Myers

Nov 4, 2016, 11:48:29 AM11/4/16
to Slick / ScalaQuery
Hi, I'm playing around with using akka + akka-persistence-jdbc + slick in an android app, but I'm running into a problem with the fact that Slick only loads its config from the classpath .conf files via 'slick.util.GlobalConfig.config = ConfigFactory.load()'.  The reason I need to change the config at runtime is that on android the app data path can be different based on the device the app runs on (ie. in a multi-user tablet).  What I'd like to be able to do is use the akka actor system config, which includes the correct overridden local files path for the H2 DB.  Has anyone tried to do anything like this?  Thanks

PS. I'm cross-posting this to the akka-persistence-jdbc board too, but I believe Slick's way of loading the configs is the first issue.

Ender Akay

Feb 9, 2017, 10:04:27 AM2/9/17
to Slick / ScalaQuery
Hi Steve,
I have the similar need to configure akka-persistence-jdbc + slick configuration during app initialization. I am just wondering if you have any solution to your problem, if that so could you share with me or some hints would be very helpful. Thanks!